Wednesday 9 October 2019

21 strides takes shape

The key actors are now in position and the next step is to finalise the script.

In 21 strides there are many sections that are broken into 2 days.

This ensures the snoring gag is used in 8 shows as the snorer goes to sleep mid performance, not just to open and close the show.


From the best Baker in Fromista to the beautiful river Pisuerga the backdrop of life unfolds in front of us

It's so sad that my Mum died during this phase of the project. Sheila was a very inspiring person and as a Mum she ensures we got things over the line. Without her I can guarantee only one thing and that is this project will revert to a pipe dream. That said I'll enjoy the pipe dream. My Mum and I had a great time in 2003 when my dad set out on the Camino. He walked for 8 hours and arrived back at St Gien pied du Porte having taken a wrong turning. I've never laughed so freely and joyously with my Mum. It was the start of the best time I ever had with her.i wasn't a whiny wee 5-14 year old that pissed the bed and she wasn't an angry mother of 5 dysfunctional children. It's quite a caveat but we'd both moved on. Her to the early stages of dementia aged 70 and me towards a grave I just pulled back from. I gave up smoking again a year or so later and to be honest I found it easy. From 80 a day to nothing. From 50g of Duma tobacco to nothing. 

I felt I had committed Hari Kari, I had nothing left to live for without fags.

I didn't find it hard, I just decided living was no longer for me.

It was a watershed.

I'd had a lovely time with my mum and now I could say goodbye.

It's funny how time goes by and the boot is on the other foot.

My Mum died in a lovely care home full of people who wanted to care. 

It wasn't cheap but when my Dad sold the home they had built there was plenty to cover it and how lucky they were. They dodged the lottery of the care system and found the perfect place near where she had grown up as a girl and where her aunt's had lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment